Learning how to backflip on a scooter is a great party trick that will impress your friends and family. It’s also a lot of fun!
But before you try this stunt, you should know a few things.
This blog post will cover the basics of how to backflip on a scooter step by step. We’ll also give you a few tips to make sure you land the trick safely.
Table of Contents
How To Backflip On A Scooter
First, you should understand what a backflip is. A backflip is an aerial maneuver in which the scooterist rotates vertically backward, going from an upright position to being upside down. It’s usually performed on a ramp.
Now that you know what a backflip is and if you think it’s hard, check out this step by step guide on how to perform a backflip on your scooter.
Get A Ramp or Join Skatepark
Having a ramp is the first step to performing a backflip on your scooter. If you do not have access to a ramp, we recommend finding a skatepark in your area.
Get The Right Stunt Scooter
Not all scooters are created equal. In order to do a backflip on your scooter, you’ll need a stunt scooter that is specifically designed for performing stunts. Along with that, also consider the scooter size. If you’re, then get the best stunt scooter for 10 year old, and if you’re 12, get the best stunt scooter for 12 year old, and so on.
Master The Basic Tricks
Backflip is an advanced trick; before you even think about attempting it, you should first master basic scooter tricks such as an Ollie or a powerslide. These tricks will help you to develop the necessary skills and confidence to attempt a backflip.
We recommend learning how to powerslide on a scooter if you’re a beginner.
Get On A Ramp
Now that you have all the necessary equipment and you’ve mastered the basics, it’s time to get on a ramp and try a backflip.
First, get used to the ramp by riding up and down it a few times. Then when you’re ready, position your scooter at the top of the ramp.
Perform The Trick
You’ll need to jump and tuck your knees into your chest to perform the trick. As you’re in the air, twist your body so that you rotate backward.
Once you’ve rotated 360 degrees, extend your legs to land upside down on the ramp.
To do this:
- Grab the scooter handlebars with your hands and tuck your knees into your chest.
- As you jump, twist your body so that you rotate backward.
- Try to back your head up as much as possible. This will help you to rotate correctly.
Tips For Landing The Trick Safely
Now that you know how to backflip on a scooter, here are a few tips to help you land the trick safely:
- Make sure to jump high enough so that you can rotate your body fully.
- Use your arms to help you rotate your body.
- As you’re rotating, tuck your chin into your chest so that you don’t hit your head.
- Don’t forget to extend your legs as you land to absorb the impact.
- If possible, put crash mats or spotters around you in case you fall.
- Keep practicing, and don’t get discouraged if you don’t land the trick perfectly the first time. It takes time and practice to master a backflip.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to land the trick safely and impress your friends and family.
A backflip on a scooter looks impressive and is a lot of fun to do. But before you attempt the trick, ensure you have the necessary equipment and have mastered the basics.
Once you’re ready, follow the steps in this guide, and with practice, you’ll be landing backflips like a pro in no time.